There are five status options:
1) Pending: The report is processing and will typically be finalized in 2 – 3 business days. In some instances, county criminal searches take significantly longer if we are searching for criminal records in a county that processes search requests in a less-efficient manner. Unfortunately, the County Criminal search cannot be expedited since Checkr operates at the mercy of the courts.
2) Clear: The report is complete and does not contain adverse information on any of the screenings.
3) Consider: There can be three reasons for this status:
The report is complete and contains some sort of adverse information to evaluate (criminal records, traffic infractions, sex offender status, etc.)
The Motor Vehicle Report contains violations that do not meet your MVR criteria
The Employment and/or Education verifications weren’t successful
4) Dispute: The report is complete, and the applicant has contacted Checkr to contest its accuracy. Adjudication is blocked while a report status is in Dispute. The reinvestigation window for disputed reports is a maximum of 30 days. Your team will be notified via email upon the conclusion of a reinvestigation.
5) Suspended: The report cannot be completed because information is missing or cannot be verified. Checkr has contacted the applicant to submit additional documents. Typically reports are suspended if the necessary documents are not provided within 7 days. The report is reinitiated once the information is confirmed.
Identifying the services to be added to the background check
Checking the adverse action in background check
Hiding records on background check reports
Defining exceptions in the background check
Want to talk to our support team? Look for the Intercom icon at the bottom right part of your dashboard and click on New Conversation or send an Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.