It’s no secret that as the weeks go on, job postings slowly begin trickling further down on the job boards page as newer job postings take the higher spots. Much like the familiar social media feeds.
This results in less applicants seeing and applying for your job. Don’t let this discourage you! Let’s look at a few ways you can improve the slump you may have witnessed in Workstream applicants.
First, it’s important to become familiar with passive position sourcing and active position sourcing. With Workstream, we do all the legwork to get your job postings on all the top job boards across the web.
This is your passive job sourcing. In the first few weeks, it is likely this is all you’ll need to obtain a satisfactory number of applications. It’s after the first few weeks when the secondary sourcing push needs to occur - the active sourcing.
Lets go over six ways you can push some active sourcing towards your job postings!
- Here at Workstream, we offer a few different ways you can actively boost your published job posting. The first option is to double check you’ve posted to all the available free job boards. Once you’ve done that, we suggest checking out the premium sponsored job boards. Learn more here.
- On a similar note, if you are keen to explore premium posts, we suggest going with Indeed above all others, as they have the furthest reach, and typically provide the most candidates. Here’s more information on setting up a sponsored post with Indeed.
- If you have a brick and mortar place of business, or run any sort of job fairs, we highly suggest digging into our FREE text to apply posters. This allows candidates to begin their application straight from their mobile devices.
- Moving into our personal favorite, Workstream offers the option to share your job posting to your current employees through our referral feature! We find that often times, the best talent is found through your existing internal talent! We break down our referral feature here.
- An industry standard in today's world, share your job posting on your social media channels. Dig into how you share straight from Workstream here.
- Last but certainly not least, a tip everyone here at Workstream suggest : linking your job positions page straight to your careers page on your company website. Follow the quick step by step here.
After spending some time applying these active sourcing methods to your job postings, we’re confident you’ll begin to see another uptick in applicants! If, after going through all the motions, you’re still unsatisfied with the results, definitely get in touch with us!
Want to talk to our Support team? Look for the Intercom icon at the bottom right part of your dashboard and click on New Conversation, or send an Email at email@example.com.